Saying small businesses are capable of offering more than the big giant platforms is true in many respects.
When looking for products in most the large platform search engines, you are provided with an item that is in your price range that’s the newest and best and promoted by them. This is neither good or bad however you really don’t get to see what’s available.
The overhead costs and requirements put on sellers by the platforms is oppressive both financially and makes it difficult to provide new products.
Those same micromanagement rules control everything. So much so that to comply we are not even able to provide all products to our consumers.
This is the big one! As a business on your own platform, it is much more difficult to sell items or get traffic however you have hundreds of more tools available to you and the ability to share things within your site and listings far beyond any of the big platforms.
There are hundreds of different website building platforms and website builders around the market.
WordPress, Wix, Joomla, Drupal… Just to name a few.
You can also code your website from scratch, but I wouldn’t recommend it on mainly two reasons:
- It just takes too much time (seriously)
- Your end result will be mediocre at it’s best…
But which one should you choose?
Let’s take a look at these recent statistics made by BuiltWith.
How People Build Websites in 2019
As you can see from the graph above, in 2019, the most popular website builders (or content management systems) are:
- WordPress (free) 51%
- Wix (paid) 7%
- Joomla (free) 4%
- Squarespace (paid) 4%
- Weebly (paid) 2%
I am using Shopify, WordPress and Strikingly for my sites.
This is a mobile view of a few sections things I added to my site. Of course, I would love it if you would go to the site at Keywebco Shop
However, these images will show some of the site’s items.
The play button shows a video in my basic header.
The green announcer bar at the top mentions Shipping
The black menu box is visible to locate and navigate throughout my store.
Then you see a slider, I will cover those at the end
This is a store so the first scroll is items that “match” my blogs mostly
I waste no time adding a large image of my podcasts where I have a sponsor, Flipboard.
Please note this is a summary the site is loaded with more
there are also single products visible on my site.
Near the bottom
YouTube slider with four videos about my shop
Partner network advertising. Basically, other items from other sellers appear at the bottom of my page and I select items from my store that automatically appear at the bottom of other sellers page it’s a good way to get cross traffic.
This is the top of my foot hurt first you will notice simple social share buttons
Sign up and subscribe to our newsletter
I snuck a few extra links into one for the app that I created to go with my store.
The other link to goes to eCom Tips Podcasts
Links to the normal stuff like search etc..
Then accepted payment types
Now more cool stuff
The bar at the bottom you now do not see was my always visible search also you might have noticed the black menu box is always visible too.
OK here’s when my advice and what I am actually doing at this very moment do not line-up. I need to provide a phone number. I don’t ever answer my phone the only way to get a hold of me is on Facebook messenger I use Shopify Ping as well for IOS.
Notice the ability to share items. It pops up for me with the feature.
In this video, I will show you the complete marketing guide on how to market your website so you can get more traffic and visitors to your website! If you want to learn how to promote your website and get more visitors than this marketing tutorial is for you! First, we will start your SEO campaign for your website. SEO is how your website ranks higher on the search engine so people can find it.
- This is the first thing you do after creating your website. This will results in increasing traffic for your website You can hire a freelancer here: http://www.darrelwilson.com/freelancer You can learn SEO With This Course Here: http://www.darrelwilson.com/seotutorial
- Start Your Blog On Your Website, this is how the internet will find you! When people go on the search engine. they are looking for something. Even if you think it’s not important, it is. People can find your website and learn more about you and your website in the long run. I highly recommend hiring a freelancer or content writer for your website so they can properly write and optimize it for the search engines. You can hire a content writer here: http://www.darrelwilson.com/iwriterhttp://www.darrelwilson.com/freelancer
- Social Media is essential for website success! Facebook, Youtube, and other platforms help you along the way to drive more traffic and promote your website. Facebook ads can be costly, so try and earn likes and engagement by interacting or by inviting them by other platforms. Remember, make weekly posts and be consistent with your campaigns, this will help you in the long run! I do have a full facebook tutorial that you can watch and learn for free here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dojwz… I also have a youtube advertising tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkze7…
- Forums And Facebook Groups is another great way to get traffic. Remember, be helpful in these forums and be active. People look up to people that can help them with website issues or problems. I know you can do it!
- Bonus – You can use the already established website to gain ranking on your own. Also here is a list of websites that allow guest blogging: https://www.shoutmeloud.com/list-of-5…
- Influencer Marketing and Affiliate marketing are also really good and helpful tools. You can use other people to help bring you traffic in exchange for money and commissions.
- You can hire an influencer here: http://www.darrelwilson.com/shoutcart You can also use http://www.similiarweb.com to verify their traffic and make sure the influencers have good traffic. To Get Affiliate To Promote Your Products, You can sign up here to offer commissions to affiliates to help get you more traffic as well, Here are some websites that you can sign up for. www.cj.com www.shareasale.com www.rakuten.com
- The Google Display Network is a great resource to help you get more visitors across the Internet. You don’t need any experience because in this video I show you how to can start your own display network campaign!
- You can register for AdWords here:https://adwords.google.com/home If you want to see the CPC by country, you can visit this blog and learn more about it: http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/201… I hope this tutorial was helpful and that you can start your marketing campaign for your website. I recommend SEO, Blogging, Social Practices, and the Google display network the most.
- Good luck! For more tutorials like this or to learn how to make a WordPress website, feel free to visit my website at http://www.darrelwilson.com
Websites and Micro-sites of Keywebco
Some are Apps and some Platforms too.
I said I would mention these at the end because they should be the last elements added to your website. Think of them as direct ads to who is already on your site.